Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by JourneyPath Institute, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your CatCaracelo.com Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and JourneyPath Institute may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause JourneyPath Institute liability. You must immediately notify JourneyPath Institute of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. JourneyPath Institute will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by JourneyPath Institute or otherwise.
By submitting Content to JourneyPath Institute for inclusion on your Website, you grant JourneyPath Institute a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, JourneyPath Institute will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, JourneyPath Institute has the right (though not the obligation) to, in JourneyPath Institute’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in JourneyPath Institute’s reasonable opinion, violates any JourneyPath Institute policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in JourneyPath Institute’s sole discretion. JourneyPath Institute will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay JourneyPath Institute the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify JourneyPath Institute before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to JourneyPath Institute in writing.
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay JourneyPath Institute the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. JourneyPath Institute reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at anytime on thirty (30) days written notice to JourneyPath Institute.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by JourneyPath Institute to respond within two business days) concerning the use of the VIP Services. “Priority” means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free CatCaracelo.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with JourneyPath Institute standard services practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. JourneyPath Institute has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, JourneyPath Institute does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. JourneyPath Institute disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which CatCaracelo.com links, and that link to CatCaracelo.com. JourneyPath Institute does not have any control over those non-JourneyPath Institute websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-JourneyPath Institute website or webpage, JourneyPath Institute does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. JourneyPath Institute disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-JourneyPath Institute websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As JourneyPath Institute asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by CatCaracelo.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify JourneyPath Institute in accordance with JourneyPath Institute’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. JourneyPath Institute will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. JourneyPath Institute will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of JourneyPath Institute or others. In the case of such termination, JourneyPath Institute will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to JourneyPath Institute.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from JourneyPath Institute to you any JourneyPath Institute or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with JourneyPath Institute. JourneyPath Institute, CatCaracelo.com, the CatCaracelo.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with CatCaracelo.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of JourneyPath Institute or JourneyPath Institute’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any JourneyPath Institute or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. JourneyPath Institute reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an ad-free account.
- Attribution. JourneyPath Institute reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at CatCaracelo.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
- Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. JourneyPath Institute reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. JourneyPath Institute may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. JourneyPath Institute may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your CatCaracelo.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by JourneyPath Institute if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from JourneyPath Institute’s notice to you thereof; provided that, JourneyPath Institute can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. JourneyPath Institute and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither JourneyPath Institute nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will JourneyPath Institute, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to JourneyPath Institute under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. JourneyPath Institute shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless JourneyPath Institute, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between JourneyPath Institute and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of JourneyPath Institute, or by the posting by JourneyPath Institute of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, USA, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Sonoma County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Sonoma County, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; JourneyPath Institute may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Thank you for connecting with Cat Caracelo and/or JourneyPath Institute.
Individual data protection is a high priority for the management of business entities that include websites for Cat Caracelo and JourneyPath Institute.
The use of the Internet pages of the websites, of Cat Caracelo and of JourneyPath Institute, is always possible without any indication of personal data; however, if an individual wants to use special enterprise services via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. If the processing of personal data is necessary we obtain consent from the individual based on their request.
The processing of individual personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to our websites. By means of this data protection declaration, our enterprise would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the way we use, process and protect your information.
We will never share, sell or misuse your information, there is a sacred agreement based on stated values that is agreed upon with any connection and communication you have requested through the websites of Cat Caracelo and/or JourneyPath Institute. You may, at any time, unsubscribe from receiving communication that you will will have received through signing up for an invitational offering, program, requested interest or personal purchase, from Cat Caracelo and/or JourneyPath Institute which are integrated entities in terms of communication, newsletters and promotional invitations.
As the controller, Cat Caracelo and JourneyPath Institute has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal information processed through the website, with all appropriate and the highest security measures available, are being utilized.
The data protection declaration of Cat Caracelo and JourneyPath Institute is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our individual data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used.
In this data protection declaration, we use the following terms:
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the individual.
Individual is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing, based on individual request.
Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Controller or controller responsible for the processing
Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the individual, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
Consent of the individual is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of their wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Name and Address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
308 Eastwood Drive Petaluma, Ca 94954
Collection of general data and information
The website collects a series of general data and information when an individual or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using these general data and information, the purpose is to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Collected data and information is used statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by an individual, with appropriate firewalls and protections in place.
Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
The data controller shall process and store the personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject to.
If the storage purpose is not applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
Rights of the individual
Right of confirmation
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If an individual wants to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact any employee of the controller.
Right of access
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information.
Right to rectification
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the individual shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and we will promptly ensure that the erasure request is complied with immediately.
Right of restriction of processing
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the individual for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The individual opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of their use instead.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the individual.
- The individual has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the individual.
Right to data portability
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator, to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which was provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He or she shall have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, and the processing is carried out by automated means, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Right to object
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning him or her, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to analytics based on these provisions.
Personal data will not be used in the event of the objection.
Personal data may be used for communication, organization and marketing purposes, the individual shall have the right to unsubscribe from receiving communication at any time.
In addition, the individual is free in the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, to use his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
Each individual shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time, using the unsubscribe.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of social networks
On this website, the controller has integrated components of access and communication to various social networks, where there is an invitation or option to connect for social meetings on the Internet, or in an online community, which usually allows users to communicate with each other and interact in a virtual space.
A social network may serve as a platform for the exchange of opinions and experiences, or enable the Internet community to provide personal or business-related information. Social network users to include the creation of private profiles, upload photos, and network through
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet website, which is operated by the controller and into which a social media component (i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram) was integrated, the web browser on the information technology system of the individual is automatically prompted to download display of the corresponding social media component.
If the individual is logged in at the same time on social media, and our website, that service provider will detect with every call-up based on your user account with that social media source and stores the personal data based on their stated policies.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of Analytics
On this website, the controller has integrated the component of Analytics (with the anonymizer function, using web-based analytics service). Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out analysis of use.
Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the individual. The definition of cookies is explained previously, analytics is enabled to analyze the use of our websites. The cookie is used to information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the individual.
The individual may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of WordPress Plug-ins
On these websites, the controller has integrated WordPress plug-ins, which provides additional features to the operator of a website based on WordPress. Plug-ins allows the Internet site operator an overview of the visitors of the site. In addition, security features are integrated into plug-ins, so the site is better protected against brute-force attacks. Plug-ins also optimize and accelerate the loading of images on the website.
Plug-ins set a cookie on the information technology system used by the individual. The definition of cookies is explained above. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and on which a plug-in component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the individual is automatically prompted to submit data for statistical analysis on use of website.
The individual can, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
With the setting of the opt-out cookie, however, the possibility exists that the websites of the controller are not fully usable anymore by the individual.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of YouTube
On our websites, the controller has integrated components of YouTube. YouTube is an Internet video portal that enables video publishers to set video clips and other users free of charge, which also provides free viewing, review and commenting on them. YouTube allows you to publish all kinds of videos, so you can access both full movies and TV broadcasts, as well as music videos, trailers, and videos made by users via the Internet portal.
With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and on which a YouTube component (YouTube video) was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the individual is automatically prompted to download a display of the corresponding YouTube component.
Payment Method: Data protection provisions about the use of Stripe and PayPal as a payment processor
On this website, the controller has integrated components of Stripe and PayPal. Stripe and PayPal are online payment service providers. Payments are processed via third party credit card services with the top firewall provisions in place for safety using Stripe.
PayPal accounts, which represent virtual private or business accounts may be chosen as payment option by the individual. PayPal is also able to process virtual payments through credit cards when a user does not have a PayPal account. A PayPal account is managed via an e-mail address, which is why there are no classic account numbers. PayPal makes it possible to trigger online payments to third parties or to receive payments. PayPal also accepts trustee functions and offers buyer protection services.
The individual has the possibility to revoke consent for the handling of personal data at any time from PayPal. A revocation shall not have any effect on personal data which must be processed, used or transmitted in accordance with (contractual) payment processing.
Legal basis for the processing
Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is party, as is the case, for example, when processing operations are necessary for the supply of goods or to provide any other service, the processing is based on Article 6(1) lit. b GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries concerning our products or services. Is our company subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or of another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor were injured in our company and his name, age, health insurance data or other vital information would have to be passed on to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6(1) lit. d GDPR. Finally, processing operations could be based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR. This legal basis is used for processing operations which are not covered by any of the abovementioned legal grounds, if processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual which require protection of personal data. Such processing operations are particularly permissible because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. He considered that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the individual is a client of the controller (Recital 47 Sentence 2 GDPR).
The legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party
Where the processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR our legitimate interest is to carry out our business in favor of the well-being of all our employees and the shareholders.
Period for which the personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
Provision of personal data as statutory or contractual requirement; Requirement necessary to enter into a contract; Obligation of the individual to provide the personal data; possible consequences of failure to provide such data
We clarify that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or can also result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). Sometimes it may be necessary to conclude a contract that the individual provides us with personal data, which must subsequently be processed by us. The individual is, for example, obliged to provide us with personal data when our company signs a contract with him or her. The non-provision of the personal data would have the consequence that the contract with the individual could not be concluded.
Existence of automated decision-making
As a responsible company, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a USA law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
In addition to the points made elsewhere in this policy Cat Caracelo and JourneyPath Institute agrees to:
a. Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
b. Identify the message as an invitational offer in some reasonable way.
c. Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
d. Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
e. Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests immediately.
f. Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
In order to be in line with CalOPPA, GDPR, CAN SPAM and Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 4 business days.
Last updated on: May 25, 2018